Sunday, November 2, 2008

Nihola Cargo Bicycle.


We fell in love with the Nihola cargo tricycle when visiting Copenhagen. Without doubt it is an expensive bicycle, but I like to think of it much more like a cheap car, or even a very cheap truck. The cargo carrying capacity is awesome, easily hauling 200 lbs or 100kg in the front bucket. It is extremely hard to get in the US - I had to import it myself. Hopefully something similar will emerge here. It is fun and practical and the best way to shop for groceries I've ever tried. When necessary we can even give each-other rides home in the bucket. I particularly look forward to having the baby carrier in the front, or perhaps two small chidlins' sitting on the provided seat (with seatbelt included). It is very sturdy, meaning the frame is not lightweight. It looks like it will last 50 years with minimal maintenance. We've had it a year now. So far so good.

No comments: